Incorporating Scientix in digital literacy of vocational training
The event took place at Patras PVTI, on December 20th, 2018.
The world is changing rapidly, and this entails a fast development in technology and in the way we generally use ICT in education and in particular in the field of vocational training.
A fully equipped practitioner / professional must have access to modern digital tools so as to make his work more efficient, to exercise better control over the areas in which he is getting involved, and to achieve recognition and advertising of his work through social networks.
The purpose of this workshop was to familiarize adult trainers who teach at Vocational Training Institutes with Scientix’s European portal (http://www.scientix.eu/). Scientix promotes and supports at European level co-operation between STEM trainers and other professionals in STEM training. By engaging to Scientix the participants will:
- Search the Scientix resource repository for related lessons and lesson plans
- Search and participate in European STEM education projects
- Participate in national and European workshops and professional development courses
- Download presentations, videos and conference material
- Participate in online training, online seminars or practice communities
- Co-organize an event with Scientix
In this way teaching methods and techniques will be enriched, providing a variety of tools at both cognitive and skills level. Finally, they will enhance their positive attitude concerning ICT.
The workshop was realized by George Giotopoulos, Deputy Director of Patras PVTI and Scientix Ambassador for Greece.